SummaryIrena Bonin is the Business Development Manager. Graduated in Pharmacy from the Università degli Studi di Trieste (Italy) specializing in
science and drug development. Irena is PhD in biochemistry from the Technical University of Munich (Germany and conducted the
doctoral thesis in the laboratory of the Nobel Prize winner, Dr. Robert Huber.
Master of Pharmaceutical Marketing
Universidad Pompeu Fabra - Barcelona School of Management
2012 - 2013 (1 year) | Barcelona, Spain
Master in Clinical Trials Monitoring
University of Barcelona - Fundación ESAME
2008 - 2009 (1 year) | Barcelona, Spain
Ph.D in Biochemistry
Max Planck Institut Biochemie Munich
2000 - 2004 (4 years) | Munich, Germany
Master in Chemistry and High Technology
University of Trieste
1992 - 1998 (6 years) | Trieste, Italy
October 2014 - December 2015 (1 year)
- Perform all necessary functions, including providing information on all prescription and non-prescription medications and products.
January 2014 - September 2014 (less than a year)
- Technical management in a pharmaceutical distribution company.
- Management of customers and suppliers of the Italian market.
- Design of SOPs and systems to ensure GDP regulatory requirements are met.
May 2013 - December 2013 (less than a year)
- Search for business opportunities, coordinaiton of market research, marketing plan development and search for new channels of
marketing (2.0, social networks, CRM).
- Development of marketing plans and plans of action for the smooth transition from branded products to generics.
- Sales force training on the promotional material of various products.
- Highlighted project: Development of an e-marketing platform: http://appsmedicina.com/
Project Manager (R&D)
Crystax- Oryzon Genomics
September 2009 - January 2013 (4 years)
- Involved in all management-related tasks: project design, planning, resource allocation and monitoring, implementation of quality
procedures, estimating and budget management.
- Responsible for the project documentation, project briefs and stage reports, highlight reports and business case.
- Knowledge of medical practices and competitive environment in the assigned therapeutic area (oncology, neurodegnerative diesases).
- Publication of one patent and one scientific article.
- Managing project teams, both external suppliers and internal staff.
- Highlighted project: https://www.oryzon.com/en/therapeutic-programs/lsd1-cancer
May 2008 - October 2012 (4 years)
- Perform all necessary functions, including providing information on all prescription and non-prescription medications and products (part
Head of Department
Crystax- Oryzon Genomics
April 2005 - September 2009 (4 years)
- Research and development of chaperones inhibitors for the treatment of oncological diseases.
- Responsible for the managament of top research projects within the EU, as well as contract research collaborations with various
- Analysis of data and scientific results for subsequent reports including project communications, checkpoint meeting, project board
meeting and communication plans.
- Experience in management of a technical team of five people.
November 2000 - March 2005 (5 years) | Munich, Germany
- Experimental work including: gene cloning, protein expression and purification, crystallization, and resolution of the three dimensional
structure of three targets.
- Manuscript writing and publication of three scientific papers as well as the PhD thesis:http://mediatum.ub.tum.de/node?!
September 1998 - June 2000 (2 years) | Trieste, Italy
- Research and development of potential drugs against HIV by computational chemistry.
- Transfer of technology and knowledge-sharing to developing countries.
- Manuscript writing and publication of five research papers, supervision of research master’s students.